logo-landscape

FacebookTwitterLinkedinYoutubeEmail

Our History

Williams & White was founded in 1957 with a focus on serving Vancouver's manufacturing industry. It has since expanded into the Williams & White Group of Companies, offering a diverse range of products and services to multiple industries.

Year

Occurrence

2013

The company underwent a rebranding project and officially separated Williams & White Manufacturing, Williams & White Equipment and Remtech Systems as individual businesses, establishing the Williams & White Group of Companies. 

2012

Williams & White added office personnel and representatives for each business unit to better serve growing customer needs.

2010

Justin and Matt Williams acquired the company from their father, Conrad Williams.

2009

The Williams & White Automation Group was rebranded as Remtech Systems, specializing in industrial robotics, quality control systems, safety systems and custom automation.

2005

Investments in ERP software and quality control personnel were made to improve operating efficiency and production consistency.

2000

Williams & White Automation Group was formed with a mandate for computer controlled solutions for multi-industry applications.

1996

The first CNC machining center was added to the production facility, resulting in greater machining flexibility and production capabilities.

1995

Williams & White expanded its production facility to accommodate growing demand.

1986

Rapid growth forced Williams & White to relocate to a larger facility at its current location in Burnaby, British Columbia.

1985

Conrad Williams took over as owner and CEO of the company.

1979

Williams & White became the largest grinding facility in Western Canada.

1978

Christopher’s son, Conrad Williams, began managing Williams & White.

1975

Williams & White expanded its capabilities by adding two boring mills to the production floor.

1966

The Williams & White Equipment division was introduced to the company, producing equipment for saw mills, sharpening and tool manufacturing shops and machine shops.

1963

Chris and Margret Williams acquired complete ownership of Williams & White and began to grow the organization into a major Vancouver-based manufacturer.

1959

The Claxton brothers sold their shares to Len White, and the Williams & White brand was born.

1957

Christopher Williams, along with Len and Jack Claxton, founded a Vancouver machine shop called Claxton and Williams.